Feb 9, 2009

You Can't Juice Yuca!

While out and about yesterday I stopped at one of my favorite supermarkets, Publix, and found some great veggies to juice up.  So, after my yoga class this evening I was anxious to get home turn on my Jeffrey Gains music and juice up the veggies I so proudly found.  As a matter of fact I had never even eaten some of these expensive veggies I bought.  One was the Yuca.  Now this thing was interesting looking.  The thing was covered with what looked like tree bark.  I get it out and start to cut into it to juice up and I couldn't even get the knife to pierce that tree bark thing.  This thing was hard as a rock.  I stood there looking at it trying to figure out what to do next.  Nothing came to mind so I turned to google to solve the mystery.  Well Lucys, we don't juice Yuca.  It's to be boiled like a potato after you figure out how to saw the bark off and then there is a core in the middle that is supposed to be removed.  Way too much trouble so I trashed it.  Too bad, that thing may have tasted good if I had known what to do with it.  So, don't waste your money like I did thinking a Yuca might taste good in your juice.  Good thing I bought only one.

No comments:

Post a Comment